It is really important to remember that your wedding day is your day and is a reflection of you as a couple. When deciding what style of wedding you want, you may need to ask yourselves a couple of questions. It is always helpful to write a list of priorities to narrow down your thoughts and expectations. Therefore, I have complied a list of things to help you when doing so.
- What time of year would you like to get married?
- What styles interest you? – informal & relaxed / traditional / DIY / vintage / rustic / formal
*Once you have an idea of which style you are hoping to achieve, this will help to dictate what type of venue will be suitable*
- Venues to consider – marquee or back garden / barn / stately home / hotel / mill conversion
* It is important for you now to consider if exclusivity is important to you both? A lot of hotels do not offer couples exclusive use and may even have more than one wedding a day*
- How many guests you will be inviting?
*It is also important to consider this before looking at venues as each one has different capacities. You don’t want to set your heart on a venue which can only hold 50 guests and you want to invite 100*
- Would you like a church ceremony / civil ceremony / handfasting / blessing?
- What time of day would you like to get married?
- What colours do you like? – depending on what season you are getting married in you may be able to draw on this for inspiration
- What decorative elements would you like to incorporate / do you have a theme in mind? – florals / vintage / boho / winter wonderland / modern / romantic / echo-friendly / travel
- What styles / types of food would you like to offer? – sharing / informal / traditional / fine dining / food stations / food vans
*Food is such a big part of your day and is a great way to help set the tone for the style of wedding you are looking to achieve. If you love a particular cuisine or dish, why not look to incorporate elements of your day around this. If sharing is important to you, then why not look to have a sharing feast or grazing table to allow guest to interact*
- Are you inviting any children to your wedding? – how will you keep them entertained during your wedding breakfast / evening reception
- Would you like a DJ / Band / Musician / Singer and at what parts of your day would you like to encorporate the? – during the ceremony / drinks reception / evening reception
This list really is just a starting point in the initial stages of your planning process. Here at Hannah Rachael Weddings I work with you from your initial consultation to help you visualise your big day. I help you to narrow down your wedding priorities. Once you have these key elements in place everything will slowly start to piece together and with it your wedding style. With my help, we will bring together all of these details to perfectly capture one of the most important days of your lives!
I would love to hear about your special day.