I want to make sure to protect your privacy and confidentiality. Therfore I understand that all users of my website are rightly concerned to know that their data is being used lawfully. I take my responsibilities under Data Protection Act, and GDPR, very seriously and I want to comply with the guidance provided by the Information Commissioners Office.
You can find information about ICO at their website https://ico.org.uk/
I regret to say that if there are one or more points below, with which you are not happy, your only recourse is to leave my website immediately.
I will make sure not to share, sell, or disclose to a third party, any personally identifiable information collected on my website.
The law requires me to determine how I process different categories of your personal information, and to notify you of the basis for each category. If a basis on which I process your personal information is no longer relevant, then I shall immediately stop processing your data.
1. Information I process because I have a contractual obligation with you
When you buy a product or service from me, or otherwise agree to my terms and conditions, a contract is formed between you and me.
In order to carry out my obligations under that contract I must process the information you give me. Some of this information may therfore be personal information.
I may use it in order to:
- Verify your identity for security purposes
- Sell products to you
- Provide you with services
- Provide you with suggestions and advice on products, services and how to obtain the most from using my website
I process this information on the basis that there is a contract between us, or that you have requested I use the information before we enter into a legal contract. I shall continue to process this information until the contract between us ends or is terminated by either party under the terms of the contract.
2. Information I process with your consent
Where there is no contractual relationship between us, such as when you browse my website or ask me to provide you with further information, including my products and services, you provide your consent to me to process your information.
Sometimes you might give your consent implicitly, such as when you send us a message by e-mail to which you would reasonably expect us to reply.
Except where you have consented to my use of your information for a specific purpose, I do not use your information in any way that would identify you personally.
I continue to process your information until you withdraw your consent, or it can be reasonably assumed that your consent no longer exists.
You may withdraw your consent at any time by instructing us email@example.com
3. Information I process because I have a legal obligation
I am subject to the law like everyone else is. Sometimes, I am required to process your information in order to comply with a statutory obligation. This can include your personal information.
4. Website usage information
I may use software embedded in our website to collect information about;
- Pages you view and how you have reached them
- What you do when you visit a page
- The length of time you remain on the page
- How I perform in providing content to you.
Please note I do not associate such information with an identifiable person.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer’s hard drive through your web browser when you visit a website. They are widely used to make websites work, as well as to provide information to the owners of the website.
I may request the return of information from your computer when your browser requests a web page from my server. Cookies enable my web server to identify you, and to track your actions and the pages you visit while you use my website. The cookies I use may last for a single visit to my site and are deleted from your computer when you close your browser, or may remain on your computer until you delete them or until a defined period has passed.
- To allow essential parts of our web site to operate for you.
- To operate our content management system.
- To operate the online contact form (the form you use to contact me)
- To enhance security on our contact form.
- To collect information about how visitors use our site. I use this information to improve your experience of my site. This cookie collects information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from, and the pages they visited.
- To store your personal information so that you do not have to provide it afresh when you visit the site next time.
When I receive a complaint, I record this information. I then use this information to resolve your complaint. If your complaint reasonably requires me to contact other person, I may decide to give some of the information contained in your complaint.
I may also compile statistics showing information obtained from this source to assess the level of services provided, but not in a way that could identify you.
7. Use of site by children
I do not market to children, nor do I sell products or services for purchase by children. If you are under 18, you may use our site only with consent from a parent or guardian.
8. Disclosure to Government and their agencies
I may be required to give information to legal authorities if they request, or if they have the the corrcet authorisation.
9. Retention and Review or update or remove personally identifiable information
I keep your personal data only for as long as it is required to provide the services you have requested, comply with the law or to support a claim in court. You may review or update this information, or if you wish, request the removal of any information about you from my website.
To do this please contact me at: